The board of directors of Mid-Missouri Traditional Dancers is seeking new board members, who will be elected Friday night, July 20, at the annual Watermelon Dance, in a casual setting during the break between dances. Our by-laws allow us to have up to 15 board members. Currently there are 11 board members, so we can accept up to 4 new members.
Perks of being a board member include the following:
- You get to bring your new and creative ideas into the mix. We love and depend on new energy to keep our organization moving forward in the social dance scene. (We could really benefit this year by adding grant writing or fundraising skills to our board, but there are many, many other ways to help.)
- You get to suggest bands and callers for our annual Spring Breakdown Dance Weekend AND vote on them. This is a lot of fun. Some of us travel to other dances and weekends throughout the year to check out new bands and callers. This is how we have been able to bring you the best every year.
- You get to feel good about being part of an outstanding organization that works well and dances well together and has a lot of fun organizing and providing as many dancing opportunities as we can possibly fit into one year.
Requirements of board members are listed below:
- You must have an email address and must be able to check email regularly and respond frequently (we often discuss and settle issues by email in between meetings).
- You must be able to attend monthly board meetings on a Wednesday evening at 7:30 pm (currently the 2nd Wednesday of each month at various board members’ homes).
- You must be able to sign up to help open and close the dance hall and sit at the admissions table for half of a dance (usually twice per year…we WILL train you…no worries!).
- You must be willing to help with the Spring Breakdown dance weekend.
If you or someone you know is interested in serving on the board of MMTD, contact one of the current board members for more information.
President, Margaret Waddell
Vice-President, Peter Yronwode
Secretary, Shelley Botts
Treasurer, Odell Newkirk
Spring Breakdown Dance Weekend Chair, Betsy Collins
Most of us can be found on Facebook. If you need more contact information, call 573-874-6814 and leave a message or email email@example.com.
Thanks for considering this opportunity to help the dance community!